Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod and HomeKit multiple Apple ID’s

Hello, I recently moved in with my partner and we combine our multiple HomePod’s and hue systems. How can we both affectively use both of our Apple IDs? Why is it that we can only listen to his favorites or chill mix on Apple Music? Why can I not add things to grocery lists while his iPhone is not present? Does Apple really not make it compatible for 2 adults to use HomeKit with 2 different Apple ids? Please help? This makes me want to switch to a different hole UI.

Clay

HomePod

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 11:23 AM

Homekit can be shared

Share control of your home:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208709

a grocery list is a “personal request” tied into one Apple ID (using Notes or Reminders) and depends on the iOS device used to set it up is on the same wifi network.

Similar questions

2 replies

HomePod and HomeKit multiple Apple ID’s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.