Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini issues changing to another AppleID

Hi there,

I have two HomePod minis in two different rooms. I configured the first to my AppleID and, a few days later, bought another one with the intention of configuring it to be used with my partner's ID. However, here came the first surprise: the Home app forced me to register the HomePod under my ID, despite my partner also being a member of the same house.

After this, I tried to set her as the main user for that HomePod, but that did nothing and my content (music and podcasts) kept playing instead of hers when you asked Siri for something. So we decided to log off from that HomePod and log in with her account. Now it seems like she can use her music and podcasts there, but the calendar and reminders are still mine. Is there any possible way we can change this? Why, after logging in with a particular Apple ID, does the HomePod keep managing the first user's data?

Note: we can't use multi-user voice recognition since our native language is Spanish and we would like to have the HomePods in that language - therefore true multi-user is not available for us yet.

Thanks in advance.

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 10:58 AM

If you started off setting it up on your device, your Home App, you need to use your Apple ID. After that you can invite your partner to be a guest user on your “your home”. See: Share control of your home - Apple Support. Be sure to read: Allow remote access and edit permissions for users

It’s all muddled up now so you will need to reset it back to factory settings to remove the wrong information and set up again as above or just make it exclusively your partners, but partner won’t be able to access the HomeKit in the way that’s most preferable. Do the first option to share the home.

Reset HomePod - Apple Support (then set it it up again)

The Primary user in one Home (“Home” meaning Apple HomeKit) has to be one ID only. Others have to be guest users. HomePod can’t work with more than one ID. During set up it was already being added to your iCloud account device list. It functions by iCloud syncing. Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 10:58 AM in response to Orchard_Falla

If you started off setting it up on your device, your Home App, you need to use your Apple ID. After that you can invite your partner to be a guest user on your “your home”. See: Share control of your home - Apple Support. Be sure to read: Allow remote access and edit permissions for users

It’s all muddled up now so you will need to reset it back to factory settings to remove the wrong information and set up again as above or just make it exclusively your partners, but partner won’t be able to access the HomeKit in the way that’s most preferable. Do the first option to share the home.

Reset HomePod - Apple Support (then set it it up again)

The Primary user in one Home (“Home” meaning Apple HomeKit) has to be one ID only. Others have to be guest users. HomePod can’t work with more than one ID. During set up it was already being added to your iCloud account device list. It functions by iCloud syncing. Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

HomePod Mini issues changing to another AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.