Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus

I updated my iPhone to iOS 12.4.1 on 9/7/2019. That same night, I dropped it... I went to sleep and left my iPhone on the charger. When I woke up the phone was still at 1%. So I tried to charge it with a different cord but the charging icon didn't turn on. I went on a couple apps such as FB and youtube but shortly after the phone turned off and then restarted by itself. This process has been repetitive since then. My iPhone stays at 1% and when I try to charge it it says"Charging 0 percent" and when I try to use an app it turns off shortly after.

I tried the following but none fixed the problem:

1) Wireless charger and several different wired chargers with different cables but no chance.

2) I am sure the charging port is fine since iTune recognizes the phone via USB connection.

3) Hard reset didn't help

4) DFU, then restore via iTunes -> software & iOS Update

5) Opening my iPhone to see if the battery had been disconnected from the board.

I was wondering if anyone experienced this problem and found the solution ?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:08 PM

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store.

It appears something broke when you dropped it.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.