Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore one app from iCloud Backup?

Here's the issue. I have a DEP-managed iPad which will not connect to Apple Configurator 2 because it says "pairing is prohibited by DEP policy." So I logged into our DEP account and created a new DEP profile and pushed it to this iPad. It will not take effect unless I factory-reset the iPad, of course, so I have to factory-reset the iPad.

After I have factory-reset the iPad, I can connect to Apple Configurator 2 with no problems, but only if I do not restore the iCloud backup! If I restore the iCloud Backup, it somehow doesn't install the new DEP profile, and it keeps telling me that "pairing is prohibited by DEP policy."

So, fine, whatever... If I can just figure out a way to restore only one app's data from that particular iCloud Backup and not the entire backup, then I'd be good. So how do I do that?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:50 PM

That's not an acceptable answer. There must be a way to do it, even if it requires some special software that only Apple has available to it. The data is on this iPad and I need to get it off... Even if the data itself winds up in a .csv file somewhere, at least I'll have it... There must be a way to access that data.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2019 1:50 PM in response to Michael Black

That's not an acceptable answer. There must be a way to do it, even if it requires some special software that only Apple has available to it. The data is on this iPad and I need to get it off... Even if the data itself winds up in a .csv file somewhere, at least I'll have it... There must be a way to access that data.

How do I restore one app from iCloud Backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.