Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Issue: One gmail account folder won't save 'sent' email. Now it is only a black box instead of folder.

I've been trying to resolve this for weeks: In the example below, the black square is a gmail address that will not keep copies of mail I have sent. It is just a black square.. Since it does not save sent mail - those emails do not show up in any search. I have to go to gmail itself to search for sent mail from that specific account.

I've tried removing/adding that gmail account several time, changing settings to match my other gmail accounts. One day this just started happening and it's really a drag because I can't search emails sent from this account. It does not even store one when I test sending things.

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 2:01 PM

I finally found the solution: Uncheck the "store sent messages on server."

I'm not sure why my other gmail account works fine when checked - but for now I'm happy to not store messages on a server anyway, (since I don't like all my data centralized in one bucket and packaged up to be auctioned off to the highest bidder).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 2:01 PM in response to kidquotes

I finally found the solution: Uncheck the "store sent messages on server."

I'm not sure why my other gmail account works fine when checked - but for now I'm happy to not store messages on a server anyway, (since I don't like all my data centralized in one bucket and packaged up to be auctioned off to the highest bidder).

Apple Mail Issue: One gmail account folder won't save 'sent' email. Now it is only a black box instead of folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.