Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Sync Issues

So, I’ve had iTunes since 2008, and have collected MANY CDs which I then loaded into my iTunes library. Now, years later I’m on my 3rd iPhone, and my first in 6 years. I logged into my Apple ID on my new phone, and my iTunes library popped up and I was thrilled to have access to all my music! However, I was searching for a specific song today, one I’d downloaded several years ago from a CD (old school, I know) but sadly it and nearly 90% of my music I’d put into iTunes from my CDs were missing. Is there anything that could remedy this? Anyone savvy enough in Apple OS that could help me?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 6:28 PM

Signing into your Apple ID gives you access to your iTunes purchase history. For anything else you would have needed to maintain your library, moving it from one computer to another over time and in an ideal world keeping a backup of the same along the way. If you no longer have a working library with your ripped media or backups of the same then you will need to rip those tracks once more.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2019 6:28 PM in response to _eryates17

Signing into your Apple ID gives you access to your iTunes purchase history. For anything else you would have needed to maintain your library, moving it from one computer to another over time and in an ideal world keeping a backup of the same along the way. If you no longer have a working library with your ripped media or backups of the same then you will need to rip those tracks once more.

tt2

iTunes Sync Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.