Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploaded music from CD's "grey" and not playing in iTunes

I "upgraded" iTunes the other day. Sychronised iphone beforehand. First noticed issue was all playlists on iphone had gone, but all music was still there. Opened iTunes on laptop (PC) and found that only purchased music was left in iTunes, none of the 2,500 songs uploaded from CD's were there. Looked at support and did the turn Sync Library setting on and off on iphone. Tried to locate backup of Itunes library only to find that all that was there was the few purchased songs. Looked at previous aupport threads and signed up to Apple Music and music reappeared in iTunes and some but not all playlists. But now the uploaded music from CD's is grey & won't play on itunes. All the uploaded Album covers have disappeared. Have tried the File/Library/ Update iTunes Library but this does nothing. Have re-authorised laptop, turned on and off the Sync music on iphone. Nothing working. Should I try I Tunes Match rather than Apple Music. Really need this back as includes my mothers entire classical music collection of soooo many CD's uploaded about 8 years ago, now laptop doesn't have CD drive even if could get to the CD's.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 3:22 AM

Try Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community. Apple Music can potentially be used to add content that is on an iPhone into an iCloud Music Library which can then be downloaded to iTunes.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Uploaded music from CD's "grey" and not playing in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.