Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone says unable to check for update

How do I fix my phone if I try to update my phone and it says “ Unable to check for Update “ “An error occurred while checking for a software update “ “ cancel “ “ try again “

but nothing works .

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 11:22 PM

3 replies

Sep 11, 2019 5:53 PM in response to exclusivenoe

Hello exclusivenoe!  

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re encountering an error in updating your iPhone. I know how important it is to have the iOS on your iPhone up-to-date. Based on the errors that you’re seeing, if you’re trying to update over-the-air (using Wi-Fi), follow the steps in this article: Get help with over-the-air iOS updates

If you continue to have issues updating over-the-air, you can also update your iPhone using a computer with the latest version of iTunes. Follow this article to see how: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!  

Sep 11, 2019 10:10 PM in response to exclusivenoe

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

My phone says unable to check for update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.