Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to update my phone but it keeps saying failed over and over every time I try.

Trying to update my phone but says update failed every time.

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:16 PM

Alex_fym1 Said:

"I’m trying to update my phone but it keeps saying failed over and over every time I try.: Trying to update my phone but says update failed every time."

-------

Updating an iPhone:

Determining if an iOS Update will Install:

How to do so...

I. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS13 and/or iOS14 and/or iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

II. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 10:16 PM in response to Alex_fym1

Alex_fym1 Said:

"I’m trying to update my phone but it keeps saying failed over and over every time I try.: Trying to update my phone but says update failed every time."

-------

Updating an iPhone:

Determining if an iOS Update will Install:

How to do so...

I. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS13 and/or iOS14 and/or iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

II. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Mar 15, 2022 10:19 PM in response to Alex_fym1

If any of the following are true, your phone may not be able to update:

• The specific phone model does not support the update.
  • The phone is "jailbroken."
  • The phone is running an iOS beta. If so, then you will need to remove the beta profile first.
  • The phone does not have enough free space. Typically it should have at least 5GBs available to update.
  • The phone is configured for either or both Low Power Mode or Personal Hotspot.
  • The phone is not connected to power and it has less than 50% charge left.
  • The phone is not connected via Wi-Fi to the Internet. It won't update on a cellular-only connection … unless it is on certain 5G cellular networks.
  • The phone is connected via a VPN.

I’m trying to update my phone but it keeps saying failed over and over every time I try.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.