Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music sharing between devices under one plan or AppleID

Hi, does anyone know if the “Family” subscription of Apple Music allows me to share my Apple Music to play on different iPhone/iPad/iMac at the same time?

i have one single AppleID therefore I want to buy one subscription of Apple Music that allows me to play on different devices at the same time, thanks a lot.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 3:27 AM

The Apple Music Family subscription is for use with different users, all using their own Apple ID. Each user then gets to play Apple Music on one device at a time, but use the subscription on all their devices.

The Apple Music Individual subscription is intended for one person, and individuals tend to be in one location, operating one music device at a time. It seems like you want to share an Apple ID? The account should not be shared.

With AirPlay 2, each device can stream to multiple speakers (e.g. play the same music in multiple rooms), which is different, but sufficient for many users.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 3:27 AM in response to Stephenliu44

The Apple Music Family subscription is for use with different users, all using their own Apple ID. Each user then gets to play Apple Music on one device at a time, but use the subscription on all their devices.

The Apple Music Individual subscription is intended for one person, and individuals tend to be in one location, operating one music device at a time. It seems like you want to share an Apple ID? The account should not be shared.

With AirPlay 2, each device can stream to multiple speakers (e.g. play the same music in multiple rooms), which is different, but sufficient for many users.

Sep 11, 2019 6:29 AM in response to Stephenliu44

Thanks Urquhart1244. I need to manage one Apple ID across multiple devices due to the need to sync certain info across all devices. Sometimes different people use the devices (e.g. I use my iPhone and by wife listens to music at home on iPad/Mac then I can’t access to Apple Music from my car).

Probably not able to resolve unless I stop using Apple Music and start using other music services.

Apple Music sharing between devices under one plan or AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.