Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Window Bug

Hi Apple Team

I came across this bug

Select Finder ( Provided you have downloaded items in that download folder)

Do NOT open this Finder in Full view , just partial windows or rectangular form

Select Download Folder

Navigate to Thumbnails icon selection (Show items as icons)

Draw the window in any form you would like and see icons build up

You will note that the icons bundle up on the left top side

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 6:38 AM

Yeah there are a few Applications in the downloads folder you just can't see them and anyway why would you think that makes a difference. What do you have the Arrange By button set to, I asked that earlier, if it is set to None you can get bunching as you describe, if that is the case then click on View in the menubar and click on Clean Up or Clean Up By and the icons will separate,

and they will not bunch again.

If you think this is a serious bug you can always tell Apple about it, Feedback - macOS - Apple

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 6:38 AM in response to SimplyAdiel

Yeah there are a few Applications in the downloads folder you just can't see them and anyway why would you think that makes a difference. What do you have the Arrange By button set to, I asked that earlier, if it is set to None you can get bunching as you describe, if that is the case then click on View in the menubar and click on Clean Up or Clean Up By and the icons will separate,

and they will not bunch again.

If you think this is a serious bug you can always tell Apple about it, Feedback - macOS - Apple

Sep 11, 2019 6:11 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Hi Eau Rouge

The steps to follow will show what i mean. It's not really a screenshot opportunity, it's more of a "if we can replicate his steps then its bug "

I can add more details if that is needed, all you need to have in the downloads folder are applications because its the icons

Select View - Icons

It will only reproduce in the Downloads folder

Thanks Eau

Window Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.