Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 Discontinued

I just bought the Apple watch series 4 just to learn that it has been discontinued. what does this mean for apple care + i purchased. say something happens would i be replaced with a refurbished item?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 5:59 AM

9 replies

Sep 11, 2019 6:10 AM in response to christi295

Discontinued is like last years model car is no longer made, but you can still drive it.

The Same with the Apple Watch series 4. They are not making them any more, but you can still use it, you can upgrade to watchOS 6 in a month, you can get service, the electricity to charge it is still compatible, etc...

If your Series 4 is less than 14 days old, you can return it if it is in excellent condition for a full refund.

Sep 15, 2019 3:01 PM in response to ginock

Make sure you boss follows these instructions before transferring the Apple Watch to you

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208855

Another reason may be manufacturing capacity. Since the Aluminum and Stainless Steel cases are the same, they can stop Series for production, and switch those lines to Series 5 and provide more Series 5 units when demand is highest in the next few months. The Series 3 has different case size, so that equipment can continue producing Series 3 watches without affecting Series 5 production.

Apple Watch Series 4 Discontinued

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.