Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keep brightness from auto adjusting

how do I keep my brightness from auto adjusting?

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 4:27 PM

Same thing happens to my iPhone 11pro. Even though auto brightness is off it keeps dimming the screen often without any input on my part. In addition I have automatic dark mode (sunset to sunrise), and that too shuts off without me doing anything. I have to keep turning dark mode on. I don't think is a hardware issue. I think is software. Thinking about a full restore to see if that helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 4:27 PM in response to wszystkomakres...

Same thing happens to my iPhone 11pro. Even though auto brightness is off it keeps dimming the screen often without any input on my part. In addition I have automatic dark mode (sunset to sunrise), and that too shuts off without me doing anything. I have to keep turning dark mode on. I don't think is a hardware issue. I think is software. Thinking about a full restore to see if that helps.

keep brightness from auto adjusting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.