Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start up disk is full? How do I & What do I clear/delete, that's safe, to make more space available?

Hello! I frequently get a message on my MacBook Pro lap top that says my start up disk is almost full, and today I got a message stating that files could not be transferred to my iPhone 8 Plus, because it was full. Warning! I don't consider myself all that techno-savvy! Just enough to be dangerous! So my question(s) are - Is there a safe way to free up space on my start-up disk on my Mac, and I would need specifics on the how-to's, and what exactly is safe to delete/clear? Yes, I know how to empty the trash on my Mac, LOL! Secondly, what about my iPhone? How can I get rid of unused stuff on it? Thank you so much in advance! Just_Cyndi

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:20 AM

Just_Cyndi wrote:

Hello! I frequently get a message on my MacBook Pro lap top that says my start up disk is almost full, and today I got a message stating that files could not be transferred to my iPhone 8 Plus, because it was full. Warning! I don't consider myself all that techno-savvy! Just enough to be dangerous! So my question(s) are - Is there a safe way to free up space on my start-up disk on my Mac, and I would need specifics on the how-to's, and what exactly is safe to delete/clear? Yes, I know how to empty the trash on my Mac, LOL! Secondly, what about my iPhone? How can I get rid of unused stuff on it? Thank you so much in advance! Just_Cyndi

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

If you need more space for an iOS update - Apple Support

About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 9:20 AM in response to Just_Cyndi

Just_Cyndi wrote:

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

If you need more space for an iOS update - Apple Support

About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

Start up disk is full? How do I & What do I clear/delete, that's safe, to make more space available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.