Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Apconfig partition (TM hd)

Hi, my time capsule 4th gen. wasn't work fine in the last weeks so I decided to buy an ext. case for the Time Capsule Hd. It works smoothly using Data partition but on my desktop I see 3 partitions ( Data, APconfig and APswap), I got rid of APswap , using disk utility but APconfig is stille there ( I tried to rename the partition but no result)! Any chance to delete the Apconfig partition too, without erasing/format the HD?

tnx

Gianni

Time Capsule

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:40 PM

Yes there was a file on Apconfig and I already deleted it but no chance to get rid of Apconfig partition. I have the back up for the the last year on Data and as I told the Time machine still working fine in ext case, unfortunately I don't have another 2 TB Hd to move the backup and format the old one.

tnx

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 9:40 PM in response to LaPastenague

Yes there was a file on Apconfig and I already deleted it but no chance to get rid of Apconfig partition. I have the back up for the the last year on Data and as I told the Time machine still working fine in ext case, unfortunately I don't have another 2 TB Hd to move the backup and format the old one.

tnx

Sep 11, 2019 3:26 PM in response to korall

It is possible there is a file in the APconfig partition. Try deleting the file first then see if disk utility can remove the partition.

I will have to play with this a bit.. but your Gen4 TC could need a simple oven bake.

See instructions here.

https://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/a-deconstruction-of-routers-and-modems/apple-time-capsule-repair/gen4-a1409-issues

It is relatively simple if you are prepared to lose the data.. the fact that you don't want to means you don't have a backup?? The TC disk is already fairly old and so I strongly recommend you do transfer all the data to another drive.. then low level format the TC disk to make sure it is 100% still. After a low level format all the partitions are gone and you can redo the setup.

Sep 11, 2019 11:16 PM in response to korall

Just ignore it then.. The partition is 1GB.. hardly telling in your 2TB disk.

I am sure you can get rid of it.. you need to use disk commands from terminal.. but resizing the main partition to use the space is fraught. So you would still have empty space on the disk and it will make no difference in the end.

Buy another 2TB disk.. they are cheap as chips.

Delete Apconfig partition (TM hd)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.