Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did Apple fix the keyboard issues with the first gen Touchbar MBPs?

I bought one of the 2017 MacBook Pros, the first ones with the Touch Bar. I've had problems with the keyboard since I bought it. Apple even replaced it at one point, but even the second one had the similar issues (keys not working, keys typing by themselves, etc..)

I believe this was a known issue with that model. Does anyone know if the second gen corrected these issues?

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:17 AM

pizzafilms wrote:

I bought one of the 2017 MacBook Pros, the first ones with the Touch Bar. I've had problems with the keyboard since I bought it. Apple even replaced it at one point, but even the second one had the similar issues (keys not working, keys typing by themselves, etc..)

I believe this was a known issue with that model. Does anyone know if the second gen corrected these issues?

No second and third gen did not fix the issue.

The service program includes the 2019 models as well.

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 9:17 AM in response to pizzafilms

pizzafilms wrote:

No second and third gen did not fix the issue.

The service program includes the 2019 models as well.

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

Did Apple fix the keyboard issues with the first gen Touchbar MBPs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.