Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Pro 14 Inch Keyboard

Has apple updated the keyboard on the new macbook pro 14 inch from the previous keyboard on the macbook pro? I have had a lot of problems with the keyboard on my 2018 macbook pro and it has been replaced free once already. I am wondering if the new macbook has an upgraded keyboard to fix these problems?

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 7:27 AM

CodmansTriangle wrote:

Has apple updated the keyboard on the new macbook pro 14 inch from the previous keyboard on the macbook pro? I have had a lot of problems with the keyboard on my 2018 macbook pro and it has been replaced free once already. I am wondering if the new macbook has an upgraded keyboard to fix these problems?

The old problematic butterfly keyboard has been left behind after 3 generations of issues 2016-2019

The new scissors style "Magic Keyboard was introduced with the Intel 16" MBP late 2019, excellent keyboard and persist today all 2020/21 Macs without issue.

https://www.apple.com/mac/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 7:27 AM in response to CodmansTriangle

CodmansTriangle wrote:

The old problematic butterfly keyboard has been left behind after 3 generations of issues 2016-2019

The new scissors style "Magic Keyboard was introduced with the Intel 16" MBP late 2019, excellent keyboard and persist today all 2020/21 Macs without issue.

https://www.apple.com/mac/

New Macbook Pro 14 Inch Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.