Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do with the current COVID-19 if my keyboard is double typing letters and I can't get it replaced?

Hi,

I have a late 2018 MacBook Pro. I'm trying to find a solution with regards to the keyboard double typing letters. Is there any solution to this? Even I purchased this I believe it was already the 3rd iteration of the butterfly keyboard so I presumed that the chances would be a lot less. Little do I know that it's happening to my MacBook...

Posted on May 7, 2020 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 4:14 PM

Apple offers a repair program for 4 years on your MacBook Pro. It's covered for up to 4 years from the original date of purchase. Reach out to Apple Support. They will have you send it to them for inspection. Apple will replace any defective keys or the entire keyboard. Contact - Official Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › contact

2 replies

May 21, 2020 2:11 PM in response to jacky152

Apple is currently recommending you either

a) expose yourself to Coronavirus and go to a 3rd party repair shop (it's too dangerous for them to open THEIR stores)

b) go without your computer for as long as the mail-in inspection takes -- even if you need your computer to work from home.

Or in other words they have no real solution to fix their faulty computers during Covid.

What can I do with the current COVID-19 if my keyboard is double typing letters and I can't get it replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.