Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Pixma TS8220 and printer drivers

When I go to Canon support for drivers for this printer, I am told that there is not one available or even needed. What has Apple changed? I note that some of the functions, like paper selection and others seem to have been greatly simplified or less choices available. There also seems to be an issue with printing from Photoshop Elements and ColorSync conflicting.

Finally, has there been a major overhaul of the printer drivers in MacOS. I am running 10.14.6, latest update.

I use a late 2012 Mac mini

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 3:16 PM

I have done some further digging on Canon Help pages. It seems to say that now something called "AirPrint" takes care of all the details. It seems that you can no longer use icc profiles or anything else. You get "generic" settings for photo paper, other paper, and so forth. What it finally boils down to is that you get what Apple and Canon consider "good enough" for most folks. If you are at all fussy about things, you are out of luck! Fortunately, I can live with their "good enough" for most of my purposes. But it is a step backwards, I think. Will be interesting to see what Catalina brings to the table here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 3:16 PM in response to Eau Rouge

I have done some further digging on Canon Help pages. It seems to say that now something called "AirPrint" takes care of all the details. It seems that you can no longer use icc profiles or anything else. You get "generic" settings for photo paper, other paper, and so forth. What it finally boils down to is that you get what Apple and Canon consider "good enough" for most folks. If you are at all fussy about things, you are out of luck! Fortunately, I can live with their "good enough" for most of my purposes. But it is a step backwards, I think. Will be interesting to see what Catalina brings to the table here.

Canon Pixma TS8220 and printer drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.