Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there drivers for Canon Pixma MG5200 for Mac OS Monterey 12.4

Anyone know where I can get drivers for my printer that work with Monterey 12.4. Everything I've found only works up to 12.0. My printer stopped working and, having looked online for a fix, I deleted the drivers and planned to reinstall. I've looked everywhere but can't find any drivers that work with 12.4.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 5:04 AM

2 replies

Jul 20, 2022 6:56 AM in response to karafromgodalming

Hi,

The latest supported system for drivers from Canon appears to be macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5250.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=macos%2010.13%20(high%20sierra)

You may want to try this anyway. One should perhaps not expect it to work, though.

If not, you could also try an earlier download from Apple (for similar models), but the result may well be the same.

Canon Printer Drivers v3.4 for macOS

Gutenprint drivers for MG52xx models appear as experimental in the list at http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php. May or may not work with your computer and operating system. However, the normal recommendation is to download drivers from Apple or a printer manufacturer only. Downloading from another source would be at your own risk.

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, etc) before testing anything. Software conflicts can never be ruled out.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Are there drivers for Canon Pixma MG5200 for Mac OS Monterey 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.