Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook pro switching to airplay

In the last 24 hours my macbook pro (2018) has been randomly switching to airplay mode. How do I make it stop that?

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 2:40 PM

hianna wrote:

To confirm what you're recommending, I hover over that screen image (in blue in your reply) at the top right of my screen, click and turn off AirPlay.

Yes, that is exactly what I recommend.

I am not aware of special keyboard commands that trigger AirPlay.

Here is more information that may apply to your case.

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 2:40 PM in response to hianna

hianna wrote:

To confirm what you're recommending, I hover over that screen image (in blue in your reply) at the top right of my screen, click and turn off AirPlay.

Yes, that is exactly what I recommend.

I am not aware of special keyboard commands that trigger AirPlay.

Here is more information that may apply to your case.

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Sep 12, 2019 2:30 PM in response to sberman

Thank you, I've been doing that when it happens. The odd thing is that my display seems to inadvertently turn on AirPlay. It happens when I'm typing on the keyboard and I'm wondering if there's a gesture that I'm somehow activating as my arms are hovering over the trackpad.

To confirm what you're recommending, I hover over that screen image (in blue in your reply) at the top right of my screen, click and turn off AirPlay. (I know enough about the Mac to be dangerous to myself, I'm not an expert by any means.)

MacBook pro switching to airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.