Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay requests on my MacBook Air

In the last couple of days I'm constantly getting notifications that someone in the neighborhood wants to get access to my MacBook via Airplay... How to stop this? It's pretty annoying.

I have changed the settings "Airplay receiver" to "off"... previously the toggle was on. Is that enough? Or should I change other settings?

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 2:08 PM

bszorad wrote:

In the last couple of days I'm constantly getting notifications that someone in the neighborhood wants to get access to my MacBook via Airplay... How to stop this? It's pretty annoying.

I have changed the settings "Airplay receiver" to "off"... previously the toggle was on. Is that enough? Or should I change other settings?
Thanks.

That's enough, yes. It's jets someone finding your Mac in their AirPlay receiver list and probably mistaking it for theirs. Turning it off, means it should no longer appear to them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 2:08 PM in response to bszorad

bszorad wrote:

Thanks.

That's enough, yes. It's jets someone finding your Mac in their AirPlay receiver list and probably mistaking it for theirs. Turning it off, means it should no longer appear to them.

Airplay requests on my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.