Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am frustrated with difficulty in turning airplay on and off on MacBook (latest macOS). How can I easily turn airplay on and off in macOS? (I'm using airplay between a MacBook and AppleTV.)

How can I easily turn on airplay in MacOS? How can I easily turn off airplay in MacOS?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:00 PM

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

Toggle the Screen Mirroring icon to turn it on or off.

3 replies

Sep 8, 2022 4:53 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks for confirming that I should be using Control Center (launched from the icon in the upper right). When I tried to click the screen mirroring button (thinking it would turn it off) nothing changed (the icon stayed lighted in blue. I'll try that again and see if I get a better result. At least now I know that's how it's supposed to work.

I am frustrated with difficulty in turning airplay on and off on MacBook (latest macOS). How can I easily turn airplay on and off in macOS? (I'm using airplay between a MacBook and AppleTV.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.