Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automation always turning on the wrong lights

ive deleted my homekit automation and still have the same problem. My kids nursery lights always turn on if I pull up to the house in the arrive home automation. The test button doesn’t work either. I just don’t get it.

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 2:41 PM

I guess you are using an iPhone for setting up automations via the Home app. What are you using as the Home hub - AppleTV, Homepod or iPad? Try restarting that device and check the automations on your iPhone to see if they have changed.

Another possible issue is that the iPhone is not using the same wifi network as the Home hub.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2019 2:41 PM in response to Benjindevries

I guess you are using an iPhone for setting up automations via the Home app. What are you using as the Home hub - AppleTV, Homepod or iPad? Try restarting that device and check the automations on your iPhone to see if they have changed.

Another possible issue is that the iPhone is not using the same wifi network as the Home hub.

Automation always turning on the wrong lights

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.