Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home App Automation Not WORKING

I have had the automation set and working for the past several years, but with the new update, it stopped working. I deleted my previous automation settings and set new ones identical to my old settings. Also, I tried the “Test Automation” button in settings and my lights are not responding. I have Hue Lights. What else can I do?

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 11:59 AM

Hello ARVera.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you're experiencing issues with your Hue Lights not properly working with the Home app. If so, we'd like to assist in any way possible. To confirm, is this issue only occurring with this specific accessory or do other accessories also experience the same issues? Are you getting prompted any error messages? If so, what do the error messages say?

Have you tried to remove the accessory from the Home app and re-add the accessory to see if that helps? You can also try restarting your devices that controls your home as well:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

If you're using a specific hub to control your home, you can also try to restart that hub as well. Make sure your devices are all connected to your Wi-fi and confirm that Bluetooth is also enabled. Feel free to keep us updated. Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 11:59 AM in response to ARVera

Hello ARVera.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you're experiencing issues with your Hue Lights not properly working with the Home app. If so, we'd like to assist in any way possible. To confirm, is this issue only occurring with this specific accessory or do other accessories also experience the same issues? Are you getting prompted any error messages? If so, what do the error messages say?

Have you tried to remove the accessory from the Home app and re-add the accessory to see if that helps? You can also try restarting your devices that controls your home as well:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

If you're using a specific hub to control your home, you can also try to restart that hub as well. Make sure your devices are all connected to your Wi-fi and confirm that Bluetooth is also enabled. Feel free to keep us updated. Cheers.

Home App Automation Not WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.