Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch series 3 compatibility with iPhone 6

is apple watch series 3 compatible with iphone 6? As of today, I have checked the support page of series 3 watch, it says that it needs at least an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 6:25 AM

I think the issue is that maybe watchOS 6 will require iOS 13, and iOS 13 may not work with iPhone 6. I will leave it up to you to cross check the System Requirements for each of those operating system releases.

But according to the Apple website for Apple Watch Series 3, it will start shipping with watchOS 6, so it may be a software issue.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 6:25 AM in response to JFP05

I think the issue is that maybe watchOS 6 will require iOS 13, and iOS 13 may not work with iPhone 6. I will leave it up to you to cross check the System Requirements for each of those operating system releases.

But according to the Apple website for Apple Watch Series 3, it will start shipping with watchOS 6, so it may be a software issue.

Apple watch series 3 compatibility with iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.