Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iCloud backup desktop and document

I start using iCloud just to have a back up of my photos on every device . But todayI was check in iCloud Drive options Desktop and Document.

I have 50Gb On my iCloud, I have 1 terabyte hard drive. Now iCloud try to back up everything from my desktop and document folder to iCloud. It's around 750gb so this Is too much for my iCloud storage. If I try to uncheck, everything from my desktop and document is gone - deleted .

So is there any way I stop uploading to iCloud, and in the same time keep my files on iMac?

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 10:35 AM

Do you get a keep on computer option? Make a backup copy of your data by creating an archive. After disconnecting Desktop and Documents, move the files from the archive to the desired location.

Archive or make copies of your iCloud data

Similar questions

1 reply

Problem with iCloud backup desktop and document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.