Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mail not working

I get the following message after a while of trying to send mail. But mail is working on my iPad over the same wifi network etc and has been working for years on the mac but has just stopped.

Connections to the server “p30-imap.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out.

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply
15 replies

Sep 14, 2019 9:58 AM in response to BondySW

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Sep 15, 2019 1:50 AM in response to BondySW

You have entered incorrect server settings , the mail setting look up will provide port settings , around the world there are many internet service providers and they have individual settings .

See this step .

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-13051

Also , there are possibilities that the first user account and the mail application might be corrupted , if every method fails its better to erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204904

Sep 15, 2019 8:57 AM in response to BondySW

So just to update you all and thank you for the help well at least trying thank you.

So the last resort was to format the ssd and start again.

I thought one last go at removing the Ac and resigning in. lets face it the other six times did not work but one last time just to be sure before the format I would do it again.

I done everything the same as i had the past six time and guess what. It worked it bloody worked!!!!

Mail is back sending now I can say hand on heart say I did nothing different not even the network nothing.

You can make this **** up can you. Bloody computers. LOL .

Thank you for trying.

Cheers

Mac mail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.