Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There’s a song on iTunes and when I click to play it It says I have to authorize the computer so I do that and when I click it again it still says I have to authorize the computer how do I fix this?

How do I fix a song needing the computer to be authorized but it already is authorized?

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 9:46 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2019 9:46 AM in response to Yinzerton

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

There’s a song on iTunes and when I click to play it It says I have to authorize the computer so I do that and when I click it again it still says I have to authorize the computer how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.