You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am now seeing two [2] strange addresses that are not mine

In iPad MAIL > New Mail > From: I can select a couple of different emails that we use depending on the ocasion; all thru gmail.com. However, I am now seeing two [2] strange addresses that are not mine and I cannot figure out how these strange addresses got there.

They are: r*@my.minbox.email and c*@my.minbox.email

They are not in my Contact list and I don't even know wnere these [@my.minbox.email] is even located. So i do not know how to DELETE them. HELP! Show me where those files are so I can delete these strange email addresses. Thanks, Richard

[Edited by Moderator]]

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 10:43 AM

You'll need to delete the associated profiles before they can be deleted.

Go to Settings->General->Profiles and delete the profiles for each app there.. Then you should be able to delete the email accounts from Passwords & Accounts.

7 replies

Sep 14, 2019 10:12 AM in response to Phil0124

Yes, this is correct, but......... these "strange" accounts have NOT been set up by me. It appears they have been set up after I downloaded a weather app from The Weather Channel and from Weather NOAA.

Both have a note stating:

These settings are installed by the profile "Weather Inbox Alerts"., and "My Accurate Forecast".

I have now DELETED the APPS and on the account tab they still show up as "inactive". The problem is that I don't know how to DELETE these 2 accounts. When I scroll down to see a "delete" tab, there is none. So I don't know where in the iPad to go to delete these settings.

Can you help me on this? Thanks, Richard

Sep 14, 2019 10:51 AM in response to rbfrank

Perhaps you need to reinstall the apps you mention. Then, contact the company and ask why they were added. Then, request that they be removed/disassociated from your gmail account.

Also, contact Google and find out how to remove these, if applicable.

Moreover, I would set up a Two Factor Authentication for Gmail, and then change the Apple ID login credentials (eMail & Password), immediately. For who knows if anything has been hacked.

I am now seeing two [2] strange addresses that are not mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.