Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I use “erase iPhone” in fin my phone, does that mean everything will be gone?

if I have lost my iPhone X and use find my iPhone to “erase iPhone” does that mean everything will be gone, and I can’t log into my iCloud on another device and get access to things like photos, contacts, or is it all completely erased?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 4:59 AM

it will reset the phone to the state it was when you purchased it

no it will not delete the data on your icloud which is stored on apples servers

the appleID is your apple "social security nr" you should use it on macs, ipads, iphones and the likes

if you losing a phone and erase it, it would be counterproductive if it deleted your icloud which would mean

you lost the data on all apple devices too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2019 4:59 AM in response to Ronniewelsh

it will reset the phone to the state it was when you purchased it

no it will not delete the data on your icloud which is stored on apples servers

the appleID is your apple "social security nr" you should use it on macs, ipads, iphones and the likes

if you losing a phone and erase it, it would be counterproductive if it deleted your icloud which would mean

you lost the data on all apple devices too.

If I use “erase iPhone” in fin my phone, does that mean everything will be gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.