Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cracked MacBook screen

Hi everyone.

About a month ago, I noticed hairline cracks on my screen. There is not point of damage and I am extremely careful with my MacBook. It has a case on it and I never throw it around or place it where it could be damaged. This crack came out of nowhere. I did NOT set it down too hard or put it in a dangerous place. It was simply sitting on the floor AWAY from anyone or anything that could damage it. And no I did not set it down too hard. A couple of days ago I opened my laptop and now there as green lines coming from the hairline cracks. When I run my finger over the crack, though, I can't feel a crack leading me to believe it's not on the surface. I need to know how much this will cost me to fix.

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 3:37 PM

You will need to contact Apple support or take it to your nearest Apple store for an evaluation. If you have Applecare +, there will be a service fee. If not, it will be expensive.

Similar questions

1 reply

cracked MacBook screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.