Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil 1 weird charging issue

Got the Apple Pencil 1 a couple of days back. It was 100% charged out of the box, but drained very quickly to 60% (maybe only after 1-2 hours of use), but afterwards it drained normally as I was able to use it for hours until reaching 30%. Figured this was normal since it was my first time using it out of the box.

I decided to charge it with the included adapter, but it won’t charge at first. I tried charging it using the lightning port on my iPad and it charged. Decided to use the adapter again, and this time it worked. I stopped charging at 90%.

I used it afterwards but I noticed that instead of discharging, the battery of the pencil is actually increasing even when not plugged. It stopped at 97% and doesn’t seem to have gone down since then even after an hour of use.

Should I be worried now? Or should I observe it for a couple more charges?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 8:07 AM

Hello,

I suggest reaching out to Apple for diagnosis.

Contact Apple Care

1 reply

Apple Pencil 1 weird charging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.