You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Pencil not increasing in battery but working.

Hi,

I received an Apple Pencil for Christmas 2020, ever since ive never let it die or reach 0%.

This morning when I went to use it ( I use it everyday therefore it was not on 0% for no longer than just overnight) the pencil was on 0% charge.

I plugged it in, and it isn't moving past 0%. Its a 1st Gen Apple Pencil with a 2018 iPad.

Im not happy that a just over 1 month old pencil has a fault already.

it seems to be charging as I unplugged it after 30 mins of charge and it is working but its not normal that its saying 0% charge in reference to the pencil on the iPad. Ive disconnected the Bluetooth and restarted the iPad.

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 6:20 AM

As your Pencil is within its one year warranty, you would be best advised to return it your retailer for exchange. If you have purchased directly from Apple, an Apple Store will normally exchange a malfunctioning Pencil without quibble.

If you cannot reach an Apple Store due to Covid-19 restrictions, you should contact Apple Support. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2021 6:20 AM in response to ly1702

As your Pencil is within its one year warranty, you would be best advised to return it your retailer for exchange. If you have purchased directly from Apple, an Apple Store will normally exchange a malfunctioning Pencil without quibble.

If you cannot reach an Apple Store due to Covid-19 restrictions, you should contact Apple Support. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

New Apple Pencil not increasing in battery but working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.