Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps keeps asking for iCloud password

Hi, my iPhone keeps asking for password of the iCloud account the first time I open an app. After a restart or when the application updates or closes itself, it asks again for the password.

This has started the moment I changed my Apple ID password and I switched the main e-mail of my Apple ID (I have many emails registered in the same apple id account).

I had ****@outlook.com now I have switched the main mail to *****@icloud.com

I already updated the iPhone and logged out of the iCloud. In fact I did a full reset of the iPhone without using a backup, and I logged to my iCloud id with the 'new' credentials.

(So maybe iOS think the apps are 'purchased' with another account? In fact if I download ('purchase') a free app on the store, doesn't seem to ask the password when I open it. Are they stored in the plist file or something similar, and how to change it? )

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 1:54 AM

Update to iOS 13 solved the problem.

Also contacted the support before the update, but without success.

Still a weird bug, I might try to do the same things to see what happens when iOS 13.1 is released.

Similar questions

14 replies

Sep 15, 2019 9:24 AM in response to Eric Root

After a couple of restarts, it keeps asking for the password in every app (not for Apple apps like Reminders or Notes) I open. But since I write the password in anyone of these, the others will open without asking for it.

I noticed the Today widget will show "Unable to load" for any app. After the login as I described, it will work normally for all.

Sep 19, 2019 11:12 AM in response to Eric Root

That didn’t solve the issue. Very annoying.

Also recent applications that keeps running in background and most used seems to keep “logged in”, instead apps that I don’t open in a certain amount of time, say 5-6 hours, they all ask for enter the password. Fortunately push notifications works for them. If wasn’t for that I would’ve probably change apple account.

After something like 30 minutes, the apps automatically works again. No password required.

Why that happens and what is the solution of this bug?

Apps keeps asking for iCloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.