Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X bluetooth keeps searching for Apple Watch I don’t have....

Iphone 10 bluetooth keeps searching for Apple Watch I don’t have....it seems to impact battery life. I am only getting 4hrs before have to recharge. Can’t turn off bluetooth because I need bluetooth for Hearing aids. All updates done.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 5:28 PM

Hi IrishGrandma62,

Thanks for providing the information about the Apple Watch. Even if you purchased it for your grandson, if you purchased it using the same Apple ID that you have for your iPhone, or if that Apple Watch has been in close proximity to your iPhone, it will be recognized in the Bluetooth search. I don't believe that is the reason for your battery drainage, however.

Did you have a chance to review the About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch resource? What apps are consuming your battery? Have you updated the software and firmware for your hearing aids? What is the current battery health showing?

Use Made for iPhone hearing aids

You may need to have an Apple Genius or an Apple Authorized Service Provider take a look at your iPhone and your hearing aid. Click on the "Service and Support" section of the resource below to find one near you.

Find Locations - Service - Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 5:28 PM in response to IrishGrandma62

Hi IrishGrandma62,

Thanks for providing the information about the Apple Watch. Even if you purchased it for your grandson, if you purchased it using the same Apple ID that you have for your iPhone, or if that Apple Watch has been in close proximity to your iPhone, it will be recognized in the Bluetooth search. I don't believe that is the reason for your battery drainage, however.

Did you have a chance to review the About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch resource? What apps are consuming your battery? Have you updated the software and firmware for your hearing aids? What is the current battery health showing?

Use Made for iPhone hearing aids

You may need to have an Apple Genius or an Apple Authorized Service Provider take a look at your iPhone and your hearing aid. Click on the "Service and Support" section of the resource below to find one near you.

Find Locations - Service - Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers

Take care.

Sep 16, 2019 11:43 AM in response to IrishGrandma62

Good afternoon IrishGrandma62,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are no longer using an Apple Watch that your iPhone X was previously paired with. The resources below will help you remove the Apple Watch and check battery usage on your iPhone.

"To unpair a Bluetooth accessory, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap  , then Forget this Device.

When you Forget this Device on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, that accessory is removed from the list of available Bluetooth devices."

Source: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Find My iPhone: Remove your device

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care.

Sep 16, 2019 1:32 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for taking time to reply, the problem is that I NEVER had an apple watch.

I do have a Fitbit and unpaired that after found it was taking quite a bit of battery but never had an Apple watch. I did buy an Apple watch for my grandson but never had one myself...that is why don’t understand why it is looking for apple watch.

On Bluetooth settings screen it just says I had a link to apple watch and download it from Apple store. I did that but that didn’t help me. I can’t unpair it (i.e. forget device) because nothing shows up. So I am stuck with a spinning wheel searching.

Iphone X bluetooth keeps searching for Apple Watch I don’t have....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.