Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod keeps in memory where music stop

Hi there, I'm back to use my old 30gb ipod classic (5th generation) because it's working great in my car.

The IPod is up to date, no issue beside the fact that it is always remembering where I stop a music, and by stop I mean turn it off (then it's normal) or when I go to the next song...

This pretty frustrating to start a music at 2 minutes instead of the beginning. I mean I didn't use my IPod for over a decade and it stills remembers that 10 years ago I stopped a song at 1 minute and play it again from there .... see why its frustrating ? And to be more frustrating, if I hit the previous button, the music start again from the memory and not from the beginning ... it drives me crazy.

So my question is how do I disable this ? So every music I start on my IPod will start from the beginning.

Thanks in advance for your help, I struggling here.

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 7:30 AM

Get info > Options tab > untick Remember playback position. You can apply to a selection of tracks, just make sure you don't accidentally touch any other values at the same time.

tt2

3 replies

Ipod keeps in memory where music stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.