Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Static/Hissing Noise when nothing is playing.

why does my AirPods has a static/hissing noise when its in my ear and nothing is playing on it, the noise can be heard when the volume of a music or a video is low but it can’t be heard when there is a high volume music because the noise is drowned by the high volume music, but when the volume of a music is low or there is no playing on the AirPods u will hear the static/hissing noise, i’m trying my best to ignore it but its driving me crazy especially i can hear the noise when the volume is low and the only problem that is pushing me back from replacing it is that the sound can only be heard in a quiet room but in a mall u cant hear it so its possible it can’t be heard in a mall and end up getting it not be replaced because it cant be heard in a mall since the noise is not so loud but i want an AirPod that is free of any noise when its in your ears and nothing is playing should i replace it??

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 3:02 PM

Hello,

Start with a full reset: Reset your AirPods

Also, it could be due to wireless interference: If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

If no help, you generally have 14 days to return them.

Good luck.

1 reply

AirPods Static/Hissing Noise when nothing is playing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.