Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Family Membership

I have just noticed that my husband and myself are both paying for a Apple Music Family Membership. How would he go about canceling his and adding to mine?

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 2:45 PM

You would set up Family Sharing, to define a family group by their Apple IDs. The ‘organizer’ of the group would then change her Apple Music subscription type to Family. The existing Apple Music subscriptions of the other group members would be canceled automatically (and expire at the end of the current billing period). That’s it.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2019 2:45 PM in response to Lange2332

You would set up Family Sharing, to define a family group by their Apple IDs. The ‘organizer’ of the group would then change her Apple Music subscription type to Family. The existing Apple Music subscriptions of the other group members would be canceled automatically (and expire at the end of the current billing period). That’s it.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Apple Music Family Membership

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.