Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer photos as albums?

I would like to transfer my photos from iPhone to my macbook as albums as in my iPhone in files.Is it possible?

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 3:28 AM

Albums on an iOS device are for local organization only. They do not contain actual copies of the photos themselves either, but merely pointers to the photos that allow the photos to appear in those albums. Since they don’t contain actual copies of the photos themselves, albums on an iOS device cannot be transferred to a computer.

You will have to transfer the photos to your computer and organize them in albums on the computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 3:28 AM in response to mehmetduhan

Albums on an iOS device are for local organization only. They do not contain actual copies of the photos themselves either, but merely pointers to the photos that allow the photos to appear in those albums. Since they don’t contain actual copies of the photos themselves, albums on an iOS device cannot be transferred to a computer.

You will have to transfer the photos to your computer and organize them in albums on the computer.

how to transfer photos as albums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.