Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iPhone Photo Folder/Album to Macbook

Hi, does anyone know any way to transfer photo albums from iphone to macbook? I thought i could do it using synchronisation function on macbook, but it only does a backup of the photos and i could not browsed the backed up photos individually.

I am actually looking to be able to backup all photos to macbook but i want to be able to browse through my photos like i am using my photos on iphone, is it possible without using any external app or using icloud (my icloud subscription is free version, no upgrade)? I am ok with usb or wifi transfer, but lack the knowledge on the process.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 12:08 PM

You can use the charging cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac. Then open the Photos app on the Mac, and it should show all your pictures and ask which ones (or all) you want to import.

Check this out:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

6 replies

Oct 26, 2022 8:06 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

As reflected in the subject line of his question, the OP asked how to transfer entire Albums and entire Folders from his iPhone to a MacBook. You replied with information about transferring individual photos. This response did not address the OP’s question.

I’ll rephrase the OP’s question, as presented in the subject line, to provide a more specific query. [I hope that the OP corrects me if I misunderstand the subject line.]

(1) Please describe how to transfer an *entire Album* from iPhone/iCloud to a MacBook.

This means transferring an Album as an entity with the same name and contents the Album possesses when viewed on the user’s iPhone.

(2) Please describe how to transfer, intact, an *entire Folder* (including sub-folders and their respective Albums) from iPhone/ iCloud to a MacBook. This transfer would preserve the Folder, sub-folder and Album names, contents, and organization seen when accessing the Folder via the iPhone.

Like the OP, I would like to know how to save/transfer entire Albums and entire Folders to a Mac or PC. Thank you.

Dec 1, 2022 12:43 AM in response to Old Toad

No wonder it seems no matter which method I try, I can only transfer photos. I tried both photos & image capture. It can only allow backup of all photos without albums.

Has anyone tried paying for iCloud for 1 month? If I subscribe to iCloud, and the photos on Mac are in sync with iPhone, what happens when I stop icloud subscription, what happens to my photos?

Transfer iPhone Photo Folder/Album to Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.