Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone xr is LLA version but supports two physical sim cards, why ?

recently i bought a second hand iphone xr, on the box and in the about menu it says that my iphone is LLA version(and they say only china's version support two physical sim cards) but i put two sim cards in it and they work fine. (i have two signal lines on my screen and both ring and etc...) . my question is this, does usa's iphone xrs have two sim version too? or something is wrong with my iphone xr ?!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 4:23 PM

12 replies

Sep 17, 2019 4:58 AM in response to amirsoleimani1370

Because someone has messed around with that device’s firmware to put in a fake model. The iPhone XR model A1984 does not have two physical SIM slots. Only the A2107 and A2108 model’s, made for sale in China, Hong Kong and Macao are manufactured with two physical SIM slots.

BTW, that screen shot shows it is using two carriers, but not that it is using two physically SIM cards. The screen would be the same if using one physical SIM and a programmed and in use eSIM.

Sep 17, 2019 5:34 AM in response to amirsoleimani1370

If you live in Iran then you also know that Apple doesn’t do business at all there. They don’t sell anything there, they don’t authorize anyone to sell their products there, they don’t service anything there nor do they authorized anyone to service Apple products there. In Iran there are no supported carriers and no supported Apple services.

So I suspect you’ve purchased a hacked device but I have no way of knowing what was done to it nor how to undo it. All I can tell you is that if your phone has two physical SIM slots in it, then it cannot be a model A1984 iPhone XR

Sep 17, 2019 7:54 AM in response to amirsoleimani1370

The only reason you have access to any App Store is because your AppleID was made illegally, using a non-Iranian ISP email address and a foreign address that is not yours. You cannot create an AppleID using your Iranian email address and physical address and payment information. So you’ve set up a fraudulent AppleID to access the App Store in another country.

Sep 17, 2019 4:15 PM in response to amirsoleimani1370

So where did you buy the iPhone XR? Was it from anywhere (eBay, Amazon seller??) where you can go the host site company and file a complaint and get a refund? Any iPhone displaying what you showed but having two physical SIM card slots has clearly been altered or tampered with, so eBay or other reputable sites would take a complaint about such a device seriously.

my iphone xr is LLA version but supports two physical sim cards, why ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.