Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring music library from 2016-2017 IPhone 7 Plus

I had an awesome 7 plus 128 G stolen from me back in March of 2017. Unfortunately at the time I was behind on my bill with Verizon my cellphone carrier and therefore not entitled to the insurance replacement nor the able to locate the phone via “find my iPhone” or with the police, etc. Fast forward two years later it took me to get another iPhone and I somehow remembered my Apple ID and password for the 7 Plus!!! However I did not remember the passcode and lost data transfer during upload of backup to my new iPhone XR. I am just really bummed that not able to get back my music library I was working on .. had been curating it for some three to four months with over 34 G so far and much more to go (hence the need for 128G) - I know the IMEI # associated with my rose gold iPhone 7 Plus IS THE ONE I forgot the passcode to AND I paid for Apple Music the whole time I was using it ... can y’all help me please! THAT IS MY MUSIC

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 10:12 PM

If you are and were subscribed the whole time since early 2017, then your iCloud Music Library and playlists should be intact. If you were unsubscribed for a few weeks or more (“two years”) at any time, then the lists would be lost.

The IMEI of the previous phone is irrelevant for this. The library and lists would be in the cloud, not in the backup. The downloads for offline use would not be transferable to other devices. The library and lists would linked to the Apple ID. The tracks are not accessible from a device with a different Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 10:12 PM in response to Angelsweat----VJunior

If you are and were subscribed the whole time since early 2017, then your iCloud Music Library and playlists should be intact. If you were unsubscribed for a few weeks or more (“two years”) at any time, then the lists would be lost.

The IMEI of the previous phone is irrelevant for this. The library and lists would be in the cloud, not in the backup. The downloads for offline use would not be transferable to other devices. The library and lists would linked to the Apple ID. The tracks are not accessible from a device with a different Apple ID.

Sep 23, 2019 3:32 PM in response to Urquhart1244

OMG thank you so much for the message I have been wondering about this for so long and now I know!!!

while I have the attention of someone so knowledgeable I have been doing a little research and I’m afraid my iPhone has been hacked by stalkrware .. let’s just say if I was a betting woman I would bet all my money! What app or service to call do you recommend to check it out ? I asked Siri about one online I found but she said I don’t have it I may need to call support and would changing my number help? Or is that irrelevant? I’m so confused...

Restoring music library from 2016-2017 IPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.