Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forget password for notes

Dear All,

please help. I have changed my iphone, but password for notes was not copy. I forget it but I need access to my notes. Is it possible somehow to open notes?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 12:04 AM

Hello,

You can unlock a note only when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 12:04 AM in response to DunkanJR

Hello,

You can unlock a note only when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

Forget password for notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.