Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive file does not update on my older device running ios 9.3.6, it keep saying updating file but it never appears, it is a spreadsheet file on numbers app

iCloud Drive file does not update on my older device running ios 9.3.6, it keep saying updating file but it never appears, it is a spreadsheet file on numbers app

i recently edit a spreadsheet on my ipad pro 11 inch on numbers app, i share the file so that my team can also edit it on their device, one of the team use ipad mini first gen running 9.3.6 it keep saying updating spreadsheet but it never appears like nothing happened

is there any way to fix this other than buy a new ipad?

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 6:56 PM

Hi there, Danandayu!

I see from your post that you are trying to share a Numbers spreadsheet with your team, but one individual using an iPad with iOS 9.3.6 never gets the updates. I'm happy to help!

Per the information outlined in the Apple Support article About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote - Apple Support, in order to collaborate in Numbers, Pages, and Keynote via iCloud, each iOS device needs to be running at least iOS 11 with Pages 5.1, Numbers 5.1, or Keynote 5.1 or later. If there is an individual not using iOS 11 or later, they will not be able to collaborate on the document.

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 6:56 PM in response to Danandayu

Hi there, Danandayu!

I see from your post that you are trying to share a Numbers spreadsheet with your team, but one individual using an iPad with iOS 9.3.6 never gets the updates. I'm happy to help!

Per the information outlined in the Apple Support article About collaboration for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote - Apple Support, in order to collaborate in Numbers, Pages, and Keynote via iCloud, each iOS device needs to be running at least iOS 11 with Pages 5.1, Numbers 5.1, or Keynote 5.1 or later. If there is an individual not using iOS 11 or later, they will not be able to collaborate on the document.

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities.

Have a good day.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.