Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover my notes

I somehow deleted my notes I had in my app. Not all of them deleted so now I only have 4 that show up. Any possible way to get them back?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 4:23 PM

Are they Notes in iCloud, or are they On My iPhone folder? Check Recently Deleted folder, and if On My iPhone, you could restore a backup that was made when the notes were on the iPhone. No backup, no restore of notes.

3 replies

Sep 17, 2019 5:16 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Idk what or how it got deleted. I think one of the toggle switches got turned off and when I went to notes to check something many of them were gone. When I realized a switch got turned off I turned back on and only 4 was on there. So I guess I cannot get back. I back up daily but I don’t have a recently deleted folder either in the notes.

Sep 17, 2019 5:38 PM in response to RecoveryNotes

RecoveryNotes wrote:

I back up daily but I don’t have a recently deleted folder either in the notes.

Then chances are these notes are not iCloud or "On My iPhone" notes -- notes from other sources like Gmail have no "Recently Deleted" feature. If you think that may be the case, log into whatever email accounts you use and see if they can be recovered (using a computer browser, not iPhone).

iCloud and "On My iPhone" notes go into that special folder when deleted, but only for 30 days, and if there are no such notes deleted within the last 30 days the Recently Deleted folder disappears until something else is deleted.

Can I recover my notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.