Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts Sync

my family are all on the one iTunes account. my daughter has a new phone and all my contacts have sync to her phone. how do I stop this from happening and also delete the contacts off her phone without deleting off mine?

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 4:56 PM

Don't share an iTunes account. iTunes accounts are intended for one person, and are not designed to be shared. Get each family member their own Apple ID for their device(s). You can set up Family Sharing to share music and apps-->Family Sharing - Apple Support

4 replies

Sep 17, 2019 5:31 PM in response to louie72

Get her her own Apple ID and link it to your Apple ID as the Family Sharing coordinator. As she is under 13 she will need your permission to download anything, and you can set limits for a wide variety of activities. if you have children under 18 you can also set up rules for them. Consider: do you really want your 12 year old to see all of your texts, all of your photos, all of your emails, all of your contacts, all of your calendar events, all of your notes? She may not have figured out how to do this yet, but if you share an Apple ID with her she can and will figure it out. She needs her own Apple ID to protect you from her.

Here's more information on parental controls-->Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 17, 2019 6:51 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks, i will look into it. I only use my phone for work so her access to my stuff is nil important and annoying for her so have turned those sync buttons off. just cant get the contacts to turn off. I dont care if she has them on her phone, it just annoys her that there is so many. my son and husbands phones do not have all my contacts and they use my itunes account (only because they cant be bothered getting their own). it is only my daughters new phone that has done it.

Contacts Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.