Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

many songs from my library are missing

I transferred a couple songs to my mp3 through pc. After they successfully loaded, I noticed a song missing. Then I went through and notice MANY songs missing. I downloaded the latest version of iTunes and nothing has changed. I've lost a lot of money in purchases if I can't get these songs back. Any ideas??

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 7:03 PM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2019 12:46 PM in response to sdoug

As noted you may be able to unhide hidden iTunes purchases made through your current Apple ID. Purchases made through a different ID or ripped media in general is not included in your iTunes purchase history. In addition rights holders may from time to time remove content from the store. The ability to redownload past purchases from the store isn't absolute. Ideally you would keep and maintain a backup of all of your media for such an eventuality. See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy - Apple Community for a suggested approach.

tt2

Sep 19, 2019 10:24 AM in response to KaiKai17

Hi, did contact Apple and spoke with 3 people. Because I didn't save receipts for the past 9 yrs. I couldn't prove my purchases. They have been simply wiped out (approx. 120 of them). I keep a notebook of all my purchases (so I don't duplicate purchases) but that proves nothing. I will not make another purchase in case it could happen again. I just wanted my music back 😕 Thanks for your input.

many songs from my library are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.