Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music has gone missing and is mislabled in my library

I've noticed over time that music in my library mislables its self and I have songs that have gone missing completly. What to do about this? Give up on itunes all together because I've wasted money on buying songs?

Posted on May 11, 2022 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 5:01 PM

For purchased content that has gone missing see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support in case it can be restored.

Conversely if purchased content that you have edited has reset to the original store metadata then edit your downloaded copies again and hide the original in the store so it won't undo your edits when it refreshes its view of your purchases.

See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy - Apple Community for a way to backup the whole library and spot if/when any individual files are updated or deleted, so that you can choose to stop and restore those files if needed.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2022 5:01 PM in response to kip228

For purchased content that has gone missing see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support in case it can be restored.

Conversely if purchased content that you have edited has reset to the original store metadata then edit your downloaded copies again and hide the original in the store so it won't undo your edits when it refreshes its view of your purchases.

See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy - Apple Community for a way to backup the whole library and spot if/when any individual files are updated or deleted, so that you can choose to stop and restore those files if needed.

tt2

My music has gone missing and is mislabled in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.