Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading movies in itunes - cannot download past purchases from store, 'blank' icon on library

My apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything helpful.

I have around 150 movies on my macbook that I have repeatedly downloaded and deleted and watched online.

Currently:

• I can watch affected movies by clicking on their blank icon and streaming the movie.

• I cannot download the movie from itunes as the icon is not available
  • When I go into the apple store and look at purchases, I am also not able to download them, icon missing.

• When I right click on the movie and select the 'remove download option' the icon now appears and I am able to download the movie successfully.
  • I presume this means that I have saved the download of the movie somewhere on my computer where it shouldn't be?

So my questions are:

1. How do I get the 'image' of the movie to show back up on my itunes window? (Without downloading the movie as my little macbook's brain is small and full)
  2. How do I find out where I 'saved' that previous movie file? I've tried the obvious of using finder, but I have not been successful in finding it.

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 10:28 AM

Right-click on the item in question, select Movie Info, look at the File tab. This should list the last known location. If the item is no longer at that location try using the Remove download option from the content menu. You may sometimes need to close and reopen iTunes for the cloud copy to be shown or its image to be refreshed.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2019 10:28 AM in response to ThylacineP

Right-click on the item in question, select Movie Info, look at the File tab. This should list the last known location. If the item is no longer at that location try using the Remove download option from the content menu. You may sometimes need to close and reopen iTunes for the cloud copy to be shown or its image to be refreshed.

tt2

Downloading movies in itunes - cannot download past purchases from store, 'blank' icon on library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.